This anti-gun bill, sponsored by Assembly Member Chantel Jackson (D-79), would create onerous and draconian additional requirements for the purchase of a firearm. The bill would mandate the following:
- Requires a person to apply for a hunting license prior to the purchase of a shotgun or rifle
- Establishes additional requirements for all firearms, shotguns and rifles including:
- Taking a five hour gun safety course and exam
- Pass a shooting range test with 90% accuracy
- Provide notarized proof of a passed drug test and mental health evaluation
- And provide proof of purchase of a firearm and ammunition safe.