Reach out to your House Representative in support of at-risk species conservation
The Recovering America's Wildlife Act provides a once-in-a-generation opportunity to fund wildlife conservation work for our nation's most at-risk species. Passage of this game-changing legislation will:
- Provide $1.3 billion in dedicated funding annually for the implementation of state fish and wildlife agencies’ wildlife action plans.
- Provide $97.5 million in dedicated funding annually for tribal agencies to work on at-risk species recovery.
- Allot 10% of dedicated annual funds towards the implementation of a competitive grants program aimed at fostering regional cooperation among states.
- Leverage funds from state agencies, universities, and non-governmental organizations to boost the power of federal conservation spending.
- Provide greater regulatory certainty for industry and private partners by conserving species and avoiding the need to list them under the Endangered Species Act.
- Empower wildlife professionals to hold the nation’s wildlife in the public trust for generations to come by providing state and tribal agencies with the flexibility to conserve populations in an effective and cost-effective manner.
You can make your voice heard in support of at-risk species conservation efforts by using the form to the right to contact your U.S. House representative. Recommended language for outreach to your representative is provided. To personalize, we encourage you to include your own experiences in and understanding of at-risk species conservation work in your state or region.
Questions on the Recovering America's Wildlife Act? Check out wildlife.org or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.