OPPOSE the New Federal "Assault Weapons" Ban (H.R. 1808) TODAY!
Tyrants in DC are pushing through a new federal "assault weapons" ban that is even more draconian than the original 1994 ban. HR 1808 - which would ban nearly all ARs, AKs, AR pistols (and even many handguns and shotguns) - was passed with Republican support in the House of Representatives on Friday, July 29th. It will now be heard in the Senate where we must STOP THIS BAN!
H.R. 1808 would make it illegal for a person to import, sell, manufacture, or transfer the following:
- All semi-automatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one of the following features: a pistol grip; a forward grip; a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; a grenade launcher; a barrel shroud; or a threaded barrel.
- All semi-automatic rifles that have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
- Bump stocks and any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle but not convert the rifle into a machinegun under NFA definitions.
- All semi-automatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one of the following features: a threaded barrel; a second pistol grip; a barrel shroud; a capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or a semi-automatic version of any automatic firearm.
- All semi-automatic shotguns that have at least one of the following: a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; a pistol grip; a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds; the ability to accept a detachable magazine; a forward grip; a grenade launcher; or a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
- Any ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips, drums, etc.) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- While this bill has a "grandfather" clause, allowing for the sale, transfer, or possession of restricted weapons and magazines lawfully possessed before the bill's passage, it would choke off the supply of these items and drive up the cost for future generations of peaceable individuals.
This bill is an unacceptable assault on your fundamental human rights and MUST be opposed with all the vigor we can muster. There is still time to make an impact, so reach out to your members of Congress TODAY by utilizing FPC's constituent outreach tool located on this page and demand that they oppose this, or any other, assault weapons ban!