A Letter to my School District
Unlock Your Child’s Ability to Achieve.
It’s a proven fact: arts education brings out BIG things in Texas students. Art Can improve student outcomes, build a 21st-century workforce, and power the Texas economy.
Access to arts education delivers measurable results for Texas students. Students highly engaged in the arts are:
- Up to 112% more likely to earn an exceptional score on standardized tests.
- Up to 42% more likely to attend a four-year college or university.
- Prepared for the 21st-century workforce.
Access to arts education is far from equitable in Texas schools.
- 61% of elementary arts teachers are not fine arts certified.
Of the 2.4 million children enrolled in elementary grades, only:
- 1.6 million children have a music-certified teacher.
- 1.1 million children have a visual arts-certified teacher.
- 35 thousand have a theatre-certified teacher.
Art can ensure a bright future for our state. Get involved and ensure every child has access to the arts.
By filling out the form to the right, in less than a minute you can let your local superintendent know Texas children need access to arts education and stand up to ensure every child has access to a well-rounded education.